Subcontractor management software that saves you time
Stop using Excel and sending back-and-forth emails. Let your subcontractors do the data entry for you.Try it free
What is subcontractor management software?
Subcontractor management software is specialized software in construction for managing subcontractors (and sometimes other vendors and providers) in one database that’s connected to quoting, progress reporting and billing.
Keeping a separate database of subcontractors doesn’t add much value in itself. So, there are a few key features that are needed:
- Category management (such as plumbing, woodworks etc.);
- Contact management (quite often there are different people responsible for different types of jobs);
- Feedback from project managers (based on completed jobs).
A subcontractor database shouldn’t be a separate table somewhere. It should also connect to:
- Asking for quotes (RFQs) from subcontractors;
- Subcontractor contract management;
- Subcontractor progress reporting (against contracts);
- Change order management;
- Subcontractor billing.
And all this without complicating the end user experience.
Benefits of subcontractor management software
Share data about subcontractors across projects and company
Save 3-5 days per month per project manager
Standardize the processes and ensure compliance
Detect estimating and design errors
Get rid of manual calculations and copy-paste
Don’t let things fall through the cracks
How does Planyard help manage subcontractors?
Keep all the subcontractors in one database
- Add them one by one or import them in bulk;
- Manage categories and contacts for each subcontractor;
- Share subcontractors between your project managers;
- Record feedback about subcontractors;
- Re-use categories when sending out RFQs;
- Have a full view of what the subcontractors have worked on before.
Send, receive and compare RFQs
- Create RFQs easily;
- Selected participating subcontractors by custom categories (such as foundation works, window installers etc.);
- Receive quotes from subcontractors without introducing new habits to subcontractors;
- Identify changes to quantities and units;
- Compare RFQs side-by-side and pick the winner;
- Run multi-round bids if necessary.
Manage subcontractor contracts
- Create contracts from winning bids;
- Keep contracts in draft mode while you’re still negotiating;
- Keep contracts next to your project and connected to the line-items in the budget.
Collect progress reports and change orders with one click
- Let subcontractors request progress reports via web portal or send them a request yourself;
- Avoid mistakes and overreporting by having progress connected to previous reports and the budget;
- Make it easy for subcontractors – no account creation necessary;
- Manage change orders as part of the contract.
Collect and approve invoices in one place
- Collect invoices in one place;
- Keep invoices linked to the line-item in the budget, contract, and progress report;
- Create approval workflows within your team;
- Send pre-approved invoices with all the relevant information to accounting via email or integrations.
Our customers about Planyard
“We save four working days each month per project manager. The biggest efficiency booster came from getting rid of duplicate data entry.”
“We wanted to know before a project finished whether we were going to make a profit or not. Planyard has allowed us to do that. We can see exactly which jobs are profitable and which ones are not, so that we can make changes on the go.”
Member Of The Board
“Planyard is a real game-changer. It lets me have full control over project financials without spending valuable time on data entry.”
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Planyard in 2 minutes
Contract & change order mgmt
First class support during and after implementationDedicated
account manager Email support
and support chat
inside the app
with how-to articles
Happy customers from all over the world
Sign up for a 30-day free trialTry it free
No credit card required.